Students already take science at school, so why should they spend their off-hours in a lab?
A few reasons to take the plunge into after-school science, engineering and technology programs like IDEA Lab Kids…
- 3D printers, circuit boards, motors, drones and robots – need we say more? Our labs are chock-full of high-tech parts waiting to be transformed into a child’s robot, heart-rate monitor or motion sensor. We have equipment many schools dream of.
- There’s so little time in the school day for science, especially open-ended learning. Our programs give students time to explore their own idea and come up with their own answers.
- High-tech learning shows kids the real-world applications of math and science. This is why you study equations at school. Plus, technology projects show students how the world works. Learning how a toy robot uses Bluetooth technology, for example, can lead to discussion about how cell phones and cars use the tech.
- Conducting experiments (like in our Hocus Pocus Wizard Lab) teaches kids about cause and effect and how small changes influence results. Students learn critical-thinking skills as they deduce why they saw a certain reaction or how they can improve their results next time.
- Outside the classroom, students have more time for lengthy projects. They can conduct a weeklong experiment or spend hours fine-tuning a project. Plus, the trial and error of long-term science and technology projects teach persistence. When a student’s drone doesn’t fly right away, she learns how to look for errors in programming and fix them.
- Tech experts share their tips in subjects from coding to circuit boards. Students can ask questions and discover different approaches to learning.
- Group projects from assembling a drone to baking a cake help students develop character qualities from teamwork to persistence. Kids discover how to work together to complete a project and how to succeed even if the first try isn’t perfect.
- It’s fun – students love showing off their work and making friends in the process!
Convinced? Check out one of our options to fit your child’s interests and schedule.
Birthday parties: Let us help you have a memorable, magical birthday for kids from ages 2-15. Some options: movie production, pirates, science, cooking school, escape room, LEGO and robotics parties: www.idealabkids.com/kids-birthday-party/.
Summer camps: Become a Jedi, spy or superhero with summer camps filled with fun, imagination and discovery! Choose your adventure at www.idealabkids.com/camps/.
After-school program: Continue the fun all semester with our after-school program that combines science, technology, engineering, math and art all in one place! Cooking, playing chess, building robots and exploring art are just a few ways to relax and explore after school. Check it out at www.idealabkids.com/after-school-programs/.